Monday, December 10, 2012

Review: Lip Ice

Chappy lips? I was born with it. I've always thought that wearing lip balms will just make your lips sticky and shiny, and that it wouldn't help condition dryness. But then I was wrong. I ran out of my Sheene lip moisturizer that's why I was on a hunt the last few days for a good lip balm to address my sucky dry/cracky lips. But I was actually itching with Mentholatum's Lip Ice since it also gives a pinky hue on the lips when I first tried it from my sister.

 I got the Strawberry variant



What it says:
  • Changes color to a natural sheer pink according to individual lips.
  • A gentle Beeswax formation suitable even for very sensitive skin.
  • Contains natural ingredients of Shea Butter Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Nut Oil, Jojoba Oils and Aloe Extract to keep lips moisturized, smooth, and healthy.
  • Contains effective anti-oxidants of Vitamin E to soften and protect lips against the harmful environment.

Who wouldn't love that? I mean, the oils stuffed in it are pretty catchy, and I am just a sucker for beauty oils, just like Virgin Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Olive oil to name a few (and yes, I put olive oil on my skin). However, it can't really UTTERLY make my lips super soft the way I want it to be - it does, but for a matter of few hours. But then again I have dry lips since then. And it's frustrating. But I love how it turns my lips into a sheer pink color that can be intensified with just a few swipes. How adorable. :)


Pros:
  • true enough, lips turn out to be a sheer pink
  • can make lips softer and smoother (according to one's lips)
  • combination of oils that are known for addressing dryness
  • fairly lengthy
  • affordable at Php145.00

Cons:
  • staying power is so-so.
  • the packaging. Mine broke actually. It can't be rotated back now. 

Rating: 3.9/5

2 comments:

  1. You got pretty lips! I like the pink effect of this lip balm, no need for lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ms. Helen, I totally hate my lips. Thanks, though. :) True. This can stand on its own. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

Hey, feel free to comment! :)