Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review: Tony Moly Cristal Blusher (Bronzer)

Bronzers are actually in the limelight nowadays. I don't know why, but count me in for being so addicted in contouring my cheeky face. I used my Elizabeth Arden eyeshadow palette (darkest shade) for contouring my jaws, sides of my nose, hollows of my cheek, temples, and on the sides of my chin to make my face a little thinner. But I'm actually not satisfied with the result because it can really look dirty after just 2 hours. So I went gaga looking for that perfect bronzer. I'm actually digging for the TheBalm's Bahama Mama, but it's too expensive. And while I'm at SM Cubao, I spotted this cutesy blusher that is actually awarded as the best bronzer in Korea.

 The shade is 07

 pretty diamond cut embossed onto the product

 L: swiped once; R: swiped twice

L: w/o; R: with

This product is just so smooth and silky to the touch. I have no problem during application, but it can turn into a bit orangey by midday. It is also matte which is what I am looking for (if you want a natural look, go for matte ones, but if you want to be literally bronzed, go for shimmery bronzers just like the Betty-lou Manizer, and Prestige Glam Tan Bronzer which is freaking awesome!). Plus, it's not powdery/chalky, so no worries with fall-outs. Lastly, the pigmentation leans toward subtle to none at all. I prefer my bronzer to be like that, than being highly pigmented, just to save time from all the blending. Over all, I like this, but not love :)


Pros:
  • glides smoothly and velvety
  • subtle pigmentation
  • feels lightweight
  • easy to blend
  • sealed upon purchase
  • sturdy packaging
  • pretty embossment
  • has a lot of product
  • affordable for only P298.00

Cons:
  • can be a bit orangey
  • staying power is so-so (approximately 2-3 hours)
  • Tony Moly Cosmetics aren't widely available

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Good review, I am convinced but who cares as it gonna be call of my wife, going to show this post to her and hopefully she likes it as well

    ReplyDelete

Hey, feel free to comment! :)